I am no expert photographer, preferring to capture the moment than get a perfectly composed shot. The pictures on my blog are either taken with a compact Canon, a Panasonic Lumix FZ150 or on my phone.




Tuesday 16 December 2014

Northern Brown Argus - Aricia artaxerxes

I have just been sorting through some pictures from earlier in the year. It seems appropriate, when we are only a few days away from the shortest day, to put up some pictures I took a couple of days before the longest day this summer. These are some lovely little Northern Brown Argus - Aricia artaxerxes which I saw in the Lammermuir Hills in June. It is great to think that in five days time the days will gradually start getting longer again!






7 comments:

  1. My goodness, it's gorgeous! Thanks for sharing. The good think about your camera is that you get everything in focus!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maria. They are beautiful wee things. It is only in Scotland where they have the white spots on the wings. This is very striking when you see it in the field.

      Delete
  2. Your images are crisp and lovely as usual and I can see that your passion has not abated.

    We celebrate the winter solstice. We have glutinous rice dumplings with a variety of fillings - red bean paste, sesame seeds paste, peanuts and others in a clear soup of ginger syrup to keep away the winter chill (in China, not in tropical Malaysia, though the tradition is still being observed).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds lovely! We have just returned from Edinburgh where we visited the German market and ate too much chocolate, crepes and mulled wine!! We certainly needed something to keep away the winter chill. It was only four degrees, rainy and windy.

      Delete
  3. Hello Nick!
    Thanks for your kind visit!
    I am indeed still busy figuring out a few things on my new Mac, it is quite a step from a PC!
    But I already love it!
    How nice to bring us some lovely sunshine through those summer pics, Argus are really beautiful butterflies!
    Enjoy your last 2014 days, and I wish you a great new year with many fantastic photo opportunities... and good weather!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Noushka. I am looking forward to warm weather again!

      Delete
  4. Many thanks Nick for your thoughts and lengthy comment; naturally I agree totally, it was my point in this post.
    Unfortunately, I believe the cause is lost, so do many photographers I have met recently who travel worldwide and see appalling things. Although many of us are very aware of the disasters ahead, no government will ever lift a finger to get humanity on the right track. I am happy to be old enough to be no witness to our self destruction.... Chin up, its nearly New Year's Eve!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Followers